As we enter 2018 there is a time of reflection on last year and of the setting of targets for this year.
Over 2017 I ran many races – a list of them is below, in reverse chronological order:
1. (official) Belgrade half-marathon – December
6. (half-marathon) Plavi krug oko Ade – November
4. Coca-Cola 5 km Happy Run (with my 12 year old son) – October
Košice Peace Half- Marathon – October
3. Odžački half-marathon – September
Nike We Run BGD 10K – September
1. Firelighter 57 km Trail Race – September
1. Ruma half-marathon – August
Kopaonik 15 km Trail Race – July
3. trka patrijarha Pavla 2017 (Rakovica half-marathon) – July
1. Vranje half-marathon – June
38. Sombor half-marathon – May
Run up 24 floors (566 steps) of Beogradjanka (with my 12 year old son) – April
30. Belgrade half-marathon – April
12. Bratislava half-marathon – April
2. Kruševac half-marathon – March
3. Spring Rolls 7 km (charity run alongside my 12 year old son) – March
10. Palić half-marathon – March
The big race was on 1 September, running in the inaugural “Firelighter” 57 km ultra-marathon around Anglesey which was the first day of the 3-day Ring O’ Fire race. A great experience, even if it meant finishing in the dark, running along the coastal path with only a headlight to illuminate the way, and also having my watch run out of power after 55 km; fortunately I managed to keep going to the end, at just over 57 km. I raised £576 (~ €650 / 77.000 RSD) for Bowel Cancer UK through this event.
Strava made a video of my year – which can be seen at:
And my favourite photo of the year, taken during the Odžački polumaraton was:
It looks like I am running with the winner, Kenyan Wycliffe Kipkomp!
There are lots more photos on my facebook page – Neil4bc
I’m currently planning what races to run in 2018. With a major run planned, to aid charity, in July, the focus of my training and races needs to be around this, so we’ll see what happens. With the merger between Bowel Cancer UK and Beating Bowel Cancer about to take place we’ll see what the name of the charity I will aid this year will be called soon.